Maybe I should begin with the original question that I pondered this morning in my quiet time, “How do I totally depend on the love of God?”
- The love of God establishes me in a relationship with Him.
- The love of God compels me to love others.
- The love of God draws out any good that I produce, because I cannot be good on my own.
- The love of God heals my hurts.
- The love of God makes me whole.
- Others’ love fails, it cannot be good enough or timely enough or perfect enough, but God’s love never, ever, ever fails.
- Because His love never fails I can totally depend on it to be adequate and overflowing for me when I need someone to show me some love.
These were the thoughts that came to my mind. God’s love is something that we cannot grasp and the good news is we have already attained it. He loves us simply because God is love! It is who He is and you cannot separate love from God ( I John 4).
So, what does the love of God compel you to do? I wrote that it causes me to love others, but how?
Today it included catching up with old friends and laughing about the car/motorcycle in which our parents picked us up from Jr. High. It also included laundry, ironing, and more ironing. Finally it included obedience. You see I believe that the love of God calls out to us to love Him more and more. Contemplate His love today. Think about how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love truly is (Eph. 3:18) and remember to “do everything in love” (I Cor. 16:14).