In A Few Good Men Tom Cruise’s character screams, “I want the truth!” and in anger Jack Nicholson’s character shouts back “You can’t handle the truth.” Well here is the truth…in life I need order!
1. God is the God of order. Look at Genesis 1-2. He created things with order and purpose. Google how the eye works and you will be amazed at just how specific our God is about order and how things must work together.
2. I need order!
- When my house is in order there is a peace that hovers over my husband, me, and our children.
- When the children have a schedule they know exactly what is expected and things run smoother.
- When work is categorized and I have a list of things to do, there is efficiency and things are not missed or forgotten.
Order is good. Now don’t go thinking that I am saying forget spontanity because we need that too. Doing things on the spur of the moment adds adventure and fun to our lives. Life requires both. Which do you need more of today?
If it’s order get to it. Make a list and work it.
If it’s spontanity, get out of the house and do something fun. Here are some options:
- Play in the rain.
- Go to the zoo.
- Make a picnic and head to the park.
- Drop everything and go have some fun.